Las Vegas 2014
ABOUT PUBCON LAS VEGAS 2014
Pubcon, the premier social media and optimization conference and expo, will hold its multi-track Las Vegas event on October 6 – 9, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center South Halls in the sunnyentertainment capital of the world.
October 6 will feature a full day of our optional Pubcon Masters Group search and social media training, with the official Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 conference taking place on October 7 – 9, and the exhibition hall scheduled to be open on October 7 – 8.
Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 — named a Forbes must-attend conference and an Inc. top conference for growing your business — features the industry’s leading businesses, start-ups, speakers, keynotes, exhibitors, and sponsors involved in social media, digital marketing, search engines, and online advertising, and will offer a week-long look at the future of technology presented by a vast array of the world’s top innovators, along with being the exclusive host to the second annual U.S. Search Awards.
Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will be the biggest gathering of search and social media innovators we haveever assembled, offering an unrivaled highly-productive conference experience at some of the fairest cost-effective rates in the industry, and with the leading technology and online marketing visionaries who will be in Las Vegas, we are confident that every attendee will come away with valuable new ideas and solutions for their businesses.
Pubcon truly starts where other social media and digital marketing conferences end, and during our Las Vegas conference this October a collective and invaluable vision for the future will be presented by a virtual who’s who of technology. Join thousands of leading social media, optimization, and online marketing professionals from around the world for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, and learn more about our event with the information on this page, including the following Pubcon video.
CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will feature more major keynote speakers than any of our events over the past 15 years, and we’ve already announced several world-class keynote presenters.
We’re happy to feature noted serial entrepreneur Ted Murphy, founder, chief executive andchairman at IZEA will present a keynote addresses during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Murphy, a serial entrepreneur who has founded six companies since 1994, will deliver his first Pubcon keynote address during the week of Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Murphy has been called the father of paid blogging and is largely credited with creating the social sponsorship industry. In 2006 Murphy launched PayPerPost.com, the first online marketplace that paid bloggers to create content on behalf of brands. Murphy’s vision for democratizing content and influencer compensation is now a reality in most marketing strategies, from top brands and agencies to small businesses.
New York Times bestselling digital marketing author Jay Baer will present a keynote during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Baer has spent over two decades in digital marketing, consulting for more than 700 companiesduring that period, including 30 of the Fortune 500. At current firm Convince & Convert Baer provides social media and content marketing advice and counsel to leading companies including Oracle, Salesforce.com, California Tourism, Billabong, Hardee’s, and Dole, among others.
A frequent expert source for the press including NPR, USA Today, Time, Real Simple, and CBC, Baer runs one of the world’s top content marketing blogs, and has the distinction of having started five multimillion-dollar businesses from scratch. Baer will also be delivering his first keynote address to Pubcon audiences in Las Vegas.
Microsoft’s Duane Forrester, senior product manager in charge of Bing Webmaster Tools, will also present a keynote address during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Forrester has over a decade of experience in direct search and online marketing, including planning ad campaigns, managing ad buys, and running e-mail programs, and is the author of two business books for digital marketers published by McGraw-Hill, including "How To Make Money With Your Blog and Turn Clicks Into Customers."
Noted Internet entrepreneur Jason Calacanis, chief executive and founder of Inside.com and longtime angel investor, will also be presenting a keynote address during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Calacanis is an well-known angel investor and has hosted the popular podcast “This Week in Startups” since 2009. After three years of hosting TechCrunch50, he founded LAUNCH Media, which publishes the LAUNCH Ticker and produces a number of events including the annual LAUNCH Festival in San Francisco, featuring more than 50 technology firm start-ups. Previous LAUNCH graduates include Mint, Dropbox, Yammer, Fitbit and Room 77. Calacanis’ Inside.com launched in the fall of 2013.
PAST PUBCON KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Some of the key players shaping the future of the Web, social media, and digital marketing have come to Pubcon over the past 14-plus years to tell their stories and share their vision with our attendees.
Pubcon keynote speakers have included Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Zappos chief executive Tony Hsieh, Craigslist founder Craig Newmark, authors Malcolm Gladwell, Guy Kawasaki and Robert X. Cringely, Demand Media co-founder Richard Rosenblatt, technology enthusiast John Battelle, and noted author and New York Times technology columnist David Pogue, among many other top keynote personalities shown below.
"Tipping Point," "Blink"
Garage Technology Ventures
Obama For America
Chief Innovation Officer
Founding Partner 500 Startups
CEO & Founder
Head of Special Projects: Spotify
Dr. Robert Cialdini
Bestselling “Influence” Author
Pioneering Digital Marketer
Travelocity Founder, Kayak Chairman
New York Times
Search Quality Control
Gun Dog Supply
VP Marketing and Sales
Richard Rosenblatt Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO
Robert X. Cringely Author, Producer
Head of Product Partnerships, Google+
Author, New Media Strategist
Emerging Marketer Inc.
Federated Media Publishing
John Von Tetzchner Founder,
Noel McMichael Founder, President, CEO
New Marketing Labs
FAMOUS CUTTING-EDGE SESSIONS
Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will again feature multiple sub-conferences of our famous cutting-edge sessions highlighting hundreds of the world’s best technology speakers.
Many of the top speakers who will present sessions in Las Vegas consider Pubcon to be their favoriteevent, and their enthusiasm for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will be apparent as attendees will be treated to insights, education, and research that just won’t be shared at any other conference but Pubcon. Pubcon offers multiple learning formats to give you access to the kind of learning
environment that works best for you. You can choose in-depth sessions, one-to-one conversations, or fast-paced breakout sessions.
We feel that it’s important for Pubcon attendees to gain valuable "take-aways" from sessions, and that’s why we provide every full conference pass holder with a download containing all of the conference presentation files immediately after the conclusion of Pubcon, as a way to say thank you and to help you keep implementing the plans and insight presented in our sessions throughout the year and long into the future.
|In-depth sessions from expert speakers that can dive deep into niches with practical real-world experiences and case studies.||Peer-to-Peer discussions with an expert speaker for up to 30 minutes on topics that matter to you.||Inspirational talks and speeches from leading personalities in
technology on overviews of trends in the space.
|Rapid-fire, multi-speaker sessions covering the wide range of topics that has made Pubcon famous for its unmatched levels of content.||Need to get an expert opinion about a site? Unscripted and often personalized comments about your site from experts in the field.||Intensive all-day workshops on SEO, SMO, and in-house teams, with the hand-selected expert speakers in the Pubcon Masters Group.||Some of the best parts of Pubcon are found at
“The Pub” after the conference. Pubcon started in the year 2000 in a pub in London. We still do it!
TOP EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS
Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will feature many social media, online marketing, optimization, and othertechnology exhibitors. Check out our Pubcon Exhibitors and Sponsors page, or sign up to exhibit or sponsor and put your business in front of thousands of the industry’s most influential leaders.
For 2014 the Pubcon exhibition hall is scheduled to be open on October 7 and 8.
Exhibit hall space is limited and exhibition and sponsorship packages are on a first-come-first serve basis for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to have your company represented at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Pubcon often serves as a launching ground for major new products and services from some of thelargest Internet firms, such as Google’s Pubcon launch of its Disavow Tool and Friend Connect API initiative and similar product announcement from Microsoft, Twitter and other firms.
Google launched Business Pages for Google Plus during Pubcon Las Vegas. “We launched Google Plus Pages For Businesses just earlier at Pubcon on Monday,” Google head quality control engineer and webspam team leader Matt Cutts told Pubcon audiences during his keynote address. Pubcon Las Vegas is the place to be when exciting new technologies are launched.
U.S. SEARCH AWARDS
In association with joint headline sponsor Manual Link Building and trade association partner Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO), Pubcon is thrilled to once again be hosting theU.S. Search Awards during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, the search marketing event of the year.
The second annual U.S. Search Awards — featuring a strong panel of judges — recognize and reward organizations, agencies and individuals based or working in the U.S. search and digital marketing industries.
The U.S. Search Awards follow the success of the U.K. Search Awards and the European Search Awards which were launched by British events agency Don’t Panic in 2011 and 2012 respectively. Both awards have become key celebrations for the search industry in those territories, and last year’s inaugural awards at Pubcon Las Vegas were a conference highlight for many.
The U.S. Search Awards will feature numerous categories and a Grand Prix prize, and will bepresented at an awards ceremony on the evening of Wednesday, October 8 at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
The esteemed panel of judges presently includes Chris Boggs, global chair at SEMPO and chief marketing officer at Internet Marketing Ninjas, Majestic SEO U.S. brand ambassador Mel Carson, Search Engine Watch associate editor Danny Goodwin, Beyond Ink managing partner Anne Kennedy, Omni Marketing Interactive founder Shari Thurow, FMB Media chief executive David Szetela, Loren Baker, co-founder at Foundation Digital, Lisa Williams, director of digital marketing strategy at Search Discovery, Andy Betts, global marketing andcontent vice president consultant, and Kelsey Jones, managing editor at Search Engine Journal.
This knowledgeable group of all-star industry leaders will judge all entries received before the entry deadline of July 18.
For complete information about the U.S. Search Awards at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 and how to submit an entry, visit the official website at www.ussearchawards.com, and check out our announcement about the event.
Pubcon has an extraordinarily diverse pool of talent helping to guide our conferences, led by the members of our Pubcon Advisory Board that includes:
|Guy Kawasaki||Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures|
|Tim Mayer||Vice President of Product Management, Yahoo! Search|
|Justin Osmer||Senior Product Manager, Bing, Microsoft Corporation|
|SVP of Search Strategy, Digitas|
|Adam Lasnik||Program Manager, Google Map Maker|
|President, Enquiro Search Solutions|
|Rick Schwartz||Rick Schwartz, CEO Traffic Conference|
|Greg Boser||Copy Blogger|
|President and CEO, SuccessWorks|
|George Roberts||President and CEO, Interjuncture.com|
|Jim Stobb||CEO, Position Tech|
|Joe Laratro||President, Tandem Interactive|
|Ted Ulle (In memoriam)||Partner, The MEWS Group|
|Jake Baillie||Managing Director, STN Labs|
|Todd Friesen||Vice President of Search, Position Technologies|
|Jim Boykin||CEO, We Build Pages|
|Thomas Ball||Venture Partner, Austin Ventures|
|Chris Tolles||CEO, Topix|
The Pubcon Advisory Board will bring energy and variety to Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Here are some helpful Pubcon tips for making your week at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 an unforgettably positive experience.
CONVINCING YOURSELF OR YOUR COMPANY TO SEND YOU TO PUBCON
It’s easier than ever to make the case for coming to Pubcon, as we’ve grown for more than a decade to become a key conference where the upcoming path of online innovation is charted by the world’s top speakers, including many who don’t go to any conference this year except for Pubcon.
Here are just a few ways you can present Pubcon to your company as one of the must-attend events of the year:
Read Brett Tabke’s piece on convincing your boss to send you to Pubcon
- Prepare a short presentation about Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 for your manager, which can include Pubcon testimonials of those who have already been to a Pubcon conference
- Put out a call on Twitter asking why your company should send you to Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, and use hashtag #Pubcon
- Each year Pubcon garners more press and media coverage from a wide range of international sources, and we expect this year’s Pubcon Las Vegas conference to be one of our largest and most well-attended ever.
- Show videos from past and present Pubcon speakers, such as this one from Trackur chief executive Andy Beal, interviewed by Vertical Measures president and fellow previous Pubcon speaker Arnie Kuenn:
PUBCON ON A BUDGET
Although Pubcon is already one of the most fairly-priced conference in the industry — pricedsubstantially less than most other events — there are several strategies you can use to get to Pubcon for the least amount of money, by planning ahead and seeking out specials.
- The least expensive time to sign up for Pubcon is during the first few weeks after registration for the next conference opens. When registration begins it’s announced on our blog and on our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, and other Pubcon social media sites, so be sure to subscribe to the Pubcon blog and our various online hangouts so you’ll be notified as soon as early-bird passes go on sale.
- One of the best ways to save on Pubcon is to go with three or more co-workers, which will qualify you for our conference group discount rate. See the special group discount section on our registration page for complete details.
- From time to time special discount Pubcon registration coupon codes are given out to select Pubcon sponsors and exhibitors. Take a look at the complete list of these Pubcon supporters and follow them on Twitter, Facebook and other social media services to keep an eye out for Pubcon discount codes, which can help lower your registration costs even more.
- Another way to save on your Pubcon week in Las Vegas is by finding and taking advantage of specials when you book your room at the officially recommended Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 hotel, Treasure Island Hotel and Casino. Some of the bargains often available can nearly offset the cost of registration for Pubcon, so look through the hotel’s special offers pages and its social media profiles for the best discount rates. Some Pubcon attendees save additional money by sharing rooms during their stay, a plan that can be considered if you’re on an especially limited budget.
- Booking your flight to Las Vegas as early as possible and using promotions and discount codes or
previously-earned frequent flier miles can also be great ways to save on your Pubcon experience.
- It doesn’t make sense to make a special trip to Las Vegas for Pubcon if you aren’t planning to purchase a full conference pass, however if you are a Las Vegas local looking for the bare-bones entry-level introduction to Pubcon, we do offer inexpensive tickets to the expo hall, and a more feature-rich networking pass. Once you visit the exhibit hall, however, don’t be surprised if you find yourself purchasing a full-price conference gold or platinum pass once you find out who is at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 and what they’ve got planned throughout the week.
- The primary way you’ll end up saving on Pubcon, however, is through the information you’ll learn over the week — take-aways that throughout the year will help your business succeed.
PLANNING WHICH DAYTIME SESSIONS TO ATTEND
You can either attend the Pubcon sessions that focus on your primary areas of interest or follow the speakers you most want to hear, or follow a plan that combines the two as you choose where to spend your days at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014. Here are some handy Pubcon session selection tips to help you pick the best bets for you and your business:
- Study the master grid of sessions, organized into subject-specific tracks, and read the session
descriptions for all those you’re interested in. A mobile-friendly version is available too. You may even want to read about all 100+ sessions to find exactly which sessions best suit you.
- Each day you’ll essentially need to pick the session you most want to attend in each of the daily session time slots. With multiple great concurrent sessions operating at the same time, it can be tough to choose the one you’ll actually sit down and take part in, but to help you keep track of your selections check out the handy Pubcon Conference Itinerary Builder utility.
- Some Pubcon attendees like to choose not only their top choice for each session period of each
day, but also a backup or even a third choice, giving you alternatives should you decide to leave a session in progress if it doesn’t turn out to be as relevant to you as you initially thought. Planning ahead also saves time, as you won’t need to consult the conference guidebook or website, and can quickly move to your second choice session should you wish.
- Pubcon attendees have a wide range of strategies for picking out which sessions to go to, from rating each one on a scale of one to 10 based on interest or content, to following certain favorite speakers no matter which subject they happen to be speaking about. Whichever system you decide to use, planning ahead can be key to getting the most from a conference as large as Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
- If you’re the type who likes to make your session choices based on who’s speaking, there are many ways to learn more about every Pubcon speaker before you make your decisions. For each Pubcon speaker you can:
- Read their Pubcon biography
- Visit their website, blog, and social media accounts, linked to on their Pubcon speaker biography pages
- Look for articles they’ve written for the Pubcon Speakers Blog
- View interviews they’ve done for the Pubcon Video Blog
- Check out their past interviews and other videos on YouTube and other video sites
- Connect with them online and ask any questions you have about their sessions
- Read their Pubcon biography
HOW TO TACKLE PUBCON NIGHTS
- There are more evening networking events and parties during Pubcon than anyone could possibly attend, but by starting out with the main official ones you’ll be sure to get plenty of
time to interact with the fantastic and one-of-a-kind Pubcon crowds, and still have time for late-night excitement with the after-party events of your choice.
- Following the #Pubcon tag on Twitter is a great way to find out where the events are happening each night during the week of Pubcon Las Vegas, and the locations and times of the big official conference networking events will be sent to all attendees, either by e-mail or on the Pubcon blog.
- Many of the social media and search marketing firms at Pubcon host their own events, both private or for all Pubcon attendees. One of the best ways to get in the loop for these private events is to sign up for the mailing lists for all the Pubcon exhibitors, media partners, and sponsors.
- Asking your Pubcon friends and associates about parties can also help you find additional late-night networking action, whether it’s a private rooftop bash or a simple dinner with like-minded individuals. Keeping an eye out in the Pubcon exhibit hall for postings about exhibitor events can also help you find out about after-hours meet-ups, or organize your own dinner or meeting over drinks for the new folks you’re sure to meet during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
WHAT IF IT’S MY FIRST PUBCON?
- If Las Vegas will be your first Pubcon conference, congratulations — you’re in for a fantastic week of immersion in social media and digital marketing with the industry’s top speakers, keynote presenters, exhibitors, sponsors, and perhaps most of all, some of the most important and helpful fellow attendees you’ll meet at any conference, who will all help make your first Pubcon one to remember.
- Many experienced Pubcon attendees have written guides on how to get the most from Pubcon, as have first-time conference-goers who’ve just come away from their very first Pubcon, and you can read some of these accounts in the following "What To Bring To Pubcon" list.
WHAT TO BRING TO PUBCON
- Phone and laptop chargers (also look for our courtesy phone charging mats in the back of most session rooms)
- Some people bring their own power strip, even though Pubcon tries to provide more than any other conference (Tip: Sit in the first few rows to get the most outlets)
- Medications and/or painkillers
- Skin lotion for the sometimes dry air-conditioned rooms
- Throat lozenges or a refillable water bottle to ward off coughing during sessions
- Gear for taking notes, whether digitally or the old-fashioned pen-and-pad way. Remember that
after the conference you’ll be able to download the PowerPoint presentations from every speaker in every session, so focus on taking notes on the tips and strategies that aren’t already shown on the big conference displays.
- Cash for taxicabs and Las Vegas nightlife
- Comfortable shoes for walking the massive Las Vegas Convention Center floors during the week of Pubcon
- More formal clothes, in case you attend a Pubcon party at a nightclub with a dress code
- Abundant business cards
Here are even more helpful lists of items to bring from a variety of Pubcon speakers and attendees:
- Andy Beal’s 18 Conference Etiquette Tips to Build a Stellar Reputation & Avoid Looking Like a Jerk
- Krista Neher’s Rocking Pubcon: How to Get More Out of Conferences
- Cathy Benavides’ Optimize Your Suitcase With Pubcon Packing Tips
- Michael Dorausch’s Five Pubcon Badge Essentials
- Market Street Media’s 10 Ways To Avoid Dying At Pubcon
- Heather Lloyd-Martin’s 15 Tips For A Successful Pubcon Conference
- Dr. Peter J. Meyers’ Seven Tips For Surviving Pubcon
- Lane R. Ellis’ You Never Know Who You’ll Run Into At Pubcon
- Lyndon Reid’s The Conference Goers Packing List
- Loren Baker’s 10+ Tips For a Pubcon Newbie
- "154 Awesome Pubcon 2011 Takeaways, Tips & Tweets" by Kevin Gibbons
- Sean Hecking’s A Newb’s Impression of Pubcon
- David Carrillo’s 25 Things I Learned From Pubcon’s Masters Group Training Day
- Jonathan Heinl’s First Time at Pubcon? Tips on How to ‘Survive’ a Week Long Conference
- Dave Rohrer’s Pubcon Networking Above and Beyond
- Ruth Burr’s PubCon Wardrobe Essentials
- Brian McDowell’s Top 20 Must-Haves to Pack in your Pubcon Survival Kit
- Melissa Fach’s Advice for Pubcon Newbies: How to Make the Most of the Conference
BONUS INSIDER TIPS FROM PUBCON VETERANS
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated throughout the week. From the time you get up in your hotel room, throughout the day at Pubcon, and while out networking at night, staying
hydrated is important. During the day at Pubcon water is available from drinking fountains located near each restroom, and in all vending machine areas. Water and other beverages are also available during breakfast and lunch.
- Some Pubcon attendees pack their suitcase with favorite beverages if they’re unsure of being able to find them at the conference hotel, in the Las Vegas Convention Center, or in the various Las Vegas venues and night hotspots where after-hours Pubcon events take place.
- Don’t miss the chance to register for Monday’s optional Pubcon Masters Group intensive training program, featuring an astounding lineup with exceptional trainers in three premium tracks dedicated to pay-per-click (PPC) and landing page optimization (LPO), organic search engine optimization (SEO), and social media marketing and optimization (SMM and SMO). The Pubcon Masters Group training, which has always sold out before the conference begins because of its personalized nature, is the perfect way to begin your week at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, and many consider it one of the week’s most valuable opportunities.
- Be sure to set aside time to visit our Barnes & Noble author book signing area in the
exhibit halls, and meet with many of the international social media and search experts who will be speaking at Pubcon and have them sign copies of their latest books for you.
- Keep up with the latest social media and optimization news in the weeks leading up to Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, by reading interviews such as this one with Pubcon founder and chief executive Brett Tabke conducted by Melissa Fach, associate at Moz.
These tips should help you make the most of your week at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014. Look for additional tips on our blog throughout the year.
BANNERS AND AFFILIATE PROGRAM
If you’d like to share your enthusiasm for the upcoming Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 show, try our Pubcon Web banner images available to include on your website, social media pages or blogs.
To help you pick from so many tracks at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, comprising 100 or more session choices, we encourage you to take advantage of our online "Build Your Show Itinerary" feature, which Tabke explains in detail in his "Pubcon Conference Itinerary Builder" piece.
INDUSTRY PARTY AND EVENTS SCENE
Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will be bigger than ever before, with many sub-conferences of specialized sessions, an intensive educational search and social media training program, more top-notchkeynote speakers that we’ve ever offered, and an unrivaled slate of after-hours parties and networking events including our famous Pubcon Ironman of after-hours networking events.
In addition to our huge lineup of daytime conference events, the Pubcon party scene is also set to make our 2014 event an ultra-marathon of famous Las Vegas nightlife, with a party lineup that is sure to grow as Pubcon draws near.
Put on your comfortable running shoes, or at least your party shoes, and plan your Pubcon nighttime events using our handy events guide published as the October 6 -9 dates get closer, featuring times and locations for events.
In addition to Pubcon’s Ironman schedule of after-hours parties, Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will featurethe famous Pubcon Classic, an informal opening night networking event giving attendees a chance to rub elbows with friends both new and old in a relaxed environment.
Expanding Pubcon beyond the cutting-edge keynotes, training programs is Pubcon’s annual classic party, a tradition dating back to the very first Pubcon over 14 years ago. This traditional event gives Pubcon attendees a great opportunity to network with new friends and business contacts in a relaxed, informal environment set in a Las Vegas pub-like environment.
The officially-recommend hotel for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, Treasure Island Hotel & Casino, offers many lounges and bars where attendees meet and informally network at all hours of the night.
PUBCON MASTERS GROUP TRAINING
Pubcon will again hold a day-long multiple-track slate of intensive educational search and social media training programs, called the Pubcon Masters Group, during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
The Pubcon Master’s Group Training Program will take place on Monday, October 6, the day beforethe full conference officially begins, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, with three simultaneous tracks of in-depth sessions led by some of the industry’s most respected search, social media, pay-per-click (PPC), corporate in-house SEO and landing page optimization professionals.
Due to the exclusive nature of this training, the size of the class will be limited.
This intensive full day of expert-led training is available for a special standalone low price. There are also additional discounts available with a full Pubcon conference registration. Please see the registration page for more information on pricing.
Please note that the Pubcon Master’s Group pre-conference training typically sells out early, and we recommend reserving your spot soon.
Pubcon regularly holds our popular Pubcon Labs event during Pubcon Las Vegas. Information about this year’s Pubcon Labs will be posted before the event, and eligible registered attendees will receivean e-mail invitation to choose which speakers they wish to meet with.
The Pubcon Labs event is hosted by a variety of top speakers leading conversations about search, social media and Internet marketing subjects.
Our Pubcon Labs gives you the opportunity to get close to some of Pubcon’s top speakers and spend time discussing the industry topics they know the best, all in a relaxed one-on-one environment around a table.
Pubcon Labs presents gold and platinum attendees the valuable opportunity to sit down at a private table and talk one-on-one with top Pubcon speakers, in this exciting event that debuted during Pubcon Las Vegas 2011.
AUTHOR BOOK SIGNINGS
Meet your favorite new media and optimization authors and have them sign copies of their books atthe Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 Barnes & Noble author book signing booth in the exhibition hall.
Get up close with many of the outstanding authors who will also be speaking throughout the week of October 6 -9.
A complete schedule will be available in the lead-up to Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
We expect to once again team up with a number of search and social media firms to offer special cross-promotional Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 registration rates. These special deals have sold out quickly during past events, so keep posted to be notified when they become available by subscribing to the Pubcon blog.
OFFICIAL CONFERENCE HOTEL TREASURE ISLAND HOTEL AND CASINO
Pubcon has selected Treasure Island Hotel and Casino as the officially recommendedconference hotel for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, which takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center during the week of October 6 – 9.
Treasure Island has been the official conference hotel of Pubcon Las Vegas three times previously, and with its excellent amenities and prime location in the heart of the entertainment capital of the world, we’re happy to once again select Treasure Island as the recommended conference hotel of Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Full hotel and venue details will be available on the Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 lodging and venue page when available.
Pubcon is often able to offer conference attendees discount airfares with certain airlines, and we will announce any such discounts for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 on our blog.
CAR RENTAL DISCOUNTS
Pubcon is also often able to offer conference attendees discount vehicle rentals with certain car rental firms. Our list of current discounts for Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 attendees is here:
As we get closer to October additional firms may be listed here, and will also be announced on our blog.
Getting around during Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 has never been easier, more convenient or as much of a bargain, thanks to discount tickets from the Las Vegas Monorail for Pubcon attendees.
Use the handy Las Vegas Monorail to get to and from Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center south halls without the hassles of traffic, taxis and wasted time.
Buy your monorail tickets using our special Pubcon link on the Las Vegas Monorail website to take advantage of discount rates, and save on unlimited three, four, five, and seven-day passes. Be sure to get your discount tickets before heading to Las Vegas.
The monorail is convenient and speedy, with trains arriving every few minutes. Whether you’re a Pubcon attendee or exhibitor, stock up on individual or multiple ride tickets, a one-day or three-day pass, five-day, or the weekly pass, and get around the Strip with ease during the week of Pubcon.
The Las Vegas Monorail is enjoyable to ride and at only 15 minutes or less away from any Las Vegas Boulevard Strip hotel (PDF Monorail Map) with a monorail stop, often much quicker than a cab ride.
The Las Vegas Convention Center stop is directly in front of the convention center where Pubcon is located. An interactive route map is available, and an Adobe PDF file of the monorail route is also available here.
Taxi cabs are another convenient way to get around Las Vegas during Pubcon, with lines of taxi cabs and minivans regularly lined up at the front entrances to the Las Vegas Convention Center where Pubcon is held, and at all the major hotels and casinos in Las Vegas.
The phone numbers of several of the major taxi cab companies in Las Vegas are listed here for your convenience:
Lucky Cab Co – www.luckylimolv.com – (702) 732-4400
Yellow-Checker-Star – www.ycstrans.com – (702) 873-2000
Henderson Taxi – www.bell-trans.com – (702) 384-2322
Desert Cab On Demand – www.desertcabinc.com – (702) 386-9102
Taxi cabs in Las Vegas are licensed by the State of Nevada under the authority of the Nevada Taxicab Authority, which maintains a list of all city taxi cab companies and rate information on its official website.
The Las Vegas Convention Center is located at 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109. (map)
Make a splash and arrive at Pubcon in true Las Vegas style with limousine service during Pubcon LasVegas 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Taking a ride in a luxurious stretch limousine can often be as economical as a trip in a plain taxi cab when booked among a group of Pubcon friends.
The phone numbers of several of the top Las Vegas limousine companies are listed here:
Las Vegas Limousines – www.lasvegaslimo.com (888) 696-4400
Presidential Limousine – www.presidentiallimolv.com (702) 731-5577
On Demand Sedan & Limousine – www.odslimo.com (702) 876-2222
Limousines of Nevada LLC – www.limousinesofnevada.com (702) 252-7212
Ambassador Limousine – www.lasvegas-limousine.com (702) 362-6200
CLS Nevada – www.clsnevada.com (702) 740-4545
Diamond Transportation Limousine Las Vegas – www.diamondlasvegas.com (800)
PUBCON ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Follow Pubcon on Twitter, and subscribe to the Pubcon blog mailing list to receivehttp://www.pubcon.com/images/twittericon.pnge-mail updates about upcoming show registration, keynote speakers, conference hotels and more. Other ways to keep up with Pubcon include joining our Pubcon Facebook group and Facebook Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 event page, LinkedIn page, Pubcon Flickr feed, plus Pubcon’s Pinterest group and Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 board, and Google+ pages, plus our Google+ Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 event page.
OVER 14 YEARS OF SUCCESS
With more than 14 years of success, the history of Pubcon is virtually the story of social media and seach itself. Explore Pubcon’s complete history archives, and watch some of our special tenth anniversary fun in the following Pubcon video.
COME TO PUBCON LAS VEGAS 2014
As Pubcon returns to Las Vegas, full of energy and excitement, Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 will be loadedwith leading-edge sessions and one-of-a-kind presentations.
Whether you are a newbie or an anchored old school pro, there are big discoveries in store at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.
Search engine and social media marketers, optimizers, marketing executives, webmasters, affiliate managers, program and channel managers, purchasing agents and affiliates are just some of the people who will make up the crowds at Pubcon this year in Las Vegas.
TOP TEN REASONS TO ATTEND PUBCON
- High Level of Content : Each Pubcon track or sub-conference is focused on a specific aspect of marketing featuring topics that are important to your marketing and traffic-acquisition strategies. We focus on some of the hottest trends and topics by asking speakers to prepare part of their presentation just prior to Pubcon, resulting in discussions that cover the very latest trends.
- Networking : The WebmasterWorld community started Pubcon in an English Pub where attendees got together to learn from and interact with others in their market space. Networking is readily available at breakfast, lunch, during session breaks, and well into the night at Pubcon's many cocktail hours and parties.
- Prime-Time Speakers : Pubcon attendees will hear and talk with the earlyadopting who's who of Internet marketing, at the conference widely recognized as the speakers conference, where speakers come to learn as well as to share their vast knowledge.
- Post-Conference Networking Resources : Pubcon attendees receive a bound printed manual of the show, and a download full of all Pubcon presentation PowerPoints is made available for all full conference attendees.
- Takeaways : Pubcon presentations always end with at least one specific takeaway that you can apply to your business' own projects.
- Test Yourself : By spending time with others in your field at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014, you'll get an accurate idea of how your skill set stacks up, and gain valuable insight into which areas of your work you may need to focus on for continued growth and success.
- Value : We realize how much you have invested in attending a conference. Pubcon strives to provide the best value available in search and social media marketing conferences today, offering direct value in the form of education, new contacts, professional relationships, vendors and partnerships.
- Vendors : Use Pubcon as an opportunity to talk with vendors about their services that you use or may wish to try, in the Pubcon exhibit hall.
- Professional : Pubcon has had more than 14 years of success, with event management roots running over 20 years. From registration to at-the-show services, Pubcon engages in a professional yet personal touch that stands out in an oftentimes crowded field.
- Your Clients, customers, and especially your competitors will attend. 'Nuff said.
Need more reasons to attend? See what past attendees have to say on the Pubcon testimonials page. Register today, and we look forward to seeing you at Pubcon Las Vegas 2014.