1. Networking & Parties PubCon features an a-list of party sponsors bringing together the best-of-the-best in online marketing personalities. You’ll be able to rub shoulders and clink glasses with SEO and affiliate heavyweights that you’d never get a chance to meet anywhere else.
If you’re looking for new merchants, affiliates or just tips from other affiliate marketers, PubCon offers a wide variety of networking opportunities.
2. Great SEO One of the things PubCon is most known for is industry-leading SEO speakers and content. You’ll be able to get tactical information you can take back and use on your websites after the conference. PubCon features knowledgeable SEO expert speakers such as Kristopher Jones, Bruce Clay, Greg Boser, and one of my favorite speakers Wil Reynolds.
After every PubCon, my notepad is certainly jammed with stars and arrows next to sound advice from the leaders in search engine optimization. If you’re looking for ways to drive more free traffic to your website, and what affiliate marketer isn’t, then SEO should be on the top of your agenda at PubCon.
3. Learn Social Marketing like a Boss
Social marketing offers so many possibilities for your business it’s hard to keep track of what works, what doesn’t and what’s new. PubCon offers a wide variety of speakers who deploy social marketing like a boss. Speakers like Jay Berkowitz, David Wallace, Giovanni Gallucci, and Andy Beal fill your social marketing arsenal with high-impact advice and tools.
4. Tales from the Dark Side
A jewel of PubCon you won’t want to miss is the black hat session. Speakers Steve Plunkett, Giovanni Gallucci and Carolyn Shelby dig deep into the underbelly of the Internet. The last time I attended one of these sessions, I left the room speed dialing my engineers to make sure sites and systems were secured from the malicious threats discussed in the session.
This isn’t really a session on how to learn black hat techniques, but if you want to know which black hat techniques could be used against you and what you can do about them, you need to attend this session.
In my opinion, one of the greatest opportunities in affiliate marketing is being better at PPC than your merchants. If you can drive PPC traffic to your offers and convert, you can replicate those efforts over and over again without worrying about the next Google algorithm update.
The tips you pick up in the search marketing sessions alone could pay for your whole trip. Don’t miss as heavyweights Brian Massey, Tim Ash, Brad Geddes and others give up their favorite techniques for driving paid traffic that creates conversions.
6. Interactive Site Reviews Holy cow, free consulting! That’s right, just show up and submit your site for review by industry experts like Tony Wright, Andy Beal, Matt Siltala, Wil Reynolds and plenty of others (including yours truly, David Vogelpohl).
The panelists will review your website live, giving everyone the opportunity to enjoy the same great tips.
Site reviews are focused on design, SEO, affiliate marketing, reputation management, links, and local SEO. Either submit your own site or sit back and get ideas from other sites being reviewed. Either way, you’ll have some real-world examples to help visualize best practices that can earn you cold hard cash.
7. Landing Pages
Unless you’re new to affiliate marketing, you’ve probably learned that landing pages can have a huge impact on your ability to earn money. Whether they’re your landing pages promoting affiliate offers or the merchant’s landing pages that you send your traffic to, a conversion-focused design can mean the difference between big bucks and chump change.
PubCon Vegas features two ram-packed sessions on landing page optimization featuring Joanna Lord, Tim Ash, Brad Geddes, Janet Driscoll Miller, Taylor Pratt and Chris Goward. Don’t miss this chance to get great tips for your landing pages and ideas to pass along to your merchants.
8. Tips, Tricks, Tools and Links My favorite part of PubCon is the specific tips, tricks, tools and links I pick up from the speakers. Unlike conferences focused on people just now learning about online marketing, PubCon features a rich variety of speakers trying to impress a knowledgeable audience of attendees.
This desire to impress leads speakers to share their favorite high-impact software, websites and techniques. For you, this means access to the inside tools used by successful organizations run by very talented people.
9. Vegas – Guns, Gambling and Helicopters Let’s face it, the reason you’ll tell yourself you’re coming to PubCon will be all the great stuff you’ll learn, but the real reason will be Vegas. What other city features 24 hour gambling, automatic weapon rentals and Grand Canyon helicopter rides? It’s been a long year and you deserve to get away and enjoy yourself in Vegas for a few days.
10. Specific Sessions on Affiliate Marketing
Okay, snap out of your Vegas fantasy montage and focus on your business for just a few more moments, because PubCon offers specific affiliate marketing sessions just for you!
PubCon has dedicated an entire tract to affiliate marketing. Sessions include affiliate-focused SEO, PPC, earnings, program management, research, site reviews, best practices, social, link building and even a session dedicated to the Google Affiliate Network.
You’ll hear great speakers like Charles Calabrese, Jim Banks, Brook Schaaf, Geno Prussakov and of course myself, David Vogelpohl.
There will be plenty of other affiliate marketers in attendance ready to learn and share their experiences. Don’t forget that attending conferences isn’t just about learning from speakers, but it’s also about learning from each other.
Register for PubCon today and don’t miss this opportunity to fill your head with valuable information and your friends list with smart and talented people. Hope to see you in Vegas!
Full Session Grid.
David Vogelpohl is founder and chief executive of online marketing agency Marketing Clique, and you can read his full PubCon speaker biography here.