Pinterest! The famous rapid growing network that has the ability to boost traffic, fans, and revenue. Approach Pinterest with a plan, such as these tried and true tips, and you’ll be able to maximize your reach and your return from this massively popular network.
- Connect all of your accounts and share. Connect it to your social accounts and you’ll gain several new followers as you share- the more you share the higher your social signals will be.
- Tag other pinners in your post so your pins will show up in their news feed
- Like and comment on posts- but make good comments! Don’t be that user who comments “cool” or some other generic comment.
- Search by tags to find things that are relevant for your business and what people are tagging in your niche.
- Share videos, they get more interactions!
- Write an informative description. Hashtags and random words are not search friendly and will not help your images show up for other users.
- Use iPhone apps to create beautiful pins. Pins with borders on it get twice the pins. A couple recommendations: instatext, instacollage, over, instashapes, instafisheye.
- Auto add a pin to every photo. Pinterest Image Pinner is great for this as a WordPress plugin and will help encourage site visitors to share your images in one easy action.
- See where your pinners and followers are coming from. Data and information is valuable and will help you know what people want more of.
- Add price to your products, it will place your pins in the “Gifts” section in addition to what you label it as.
- Pin images of trending news, it will help you garner lots of repins and followers.
- Repin.ly/Postris. Use this to see trends in your particular niche and use that knowledge to your advantage
- Schedule your pins. You don’t have to sit on Pinterest daily and browse items without a plan or goal.
- Ninja pinner – automatically follow people that follow you. Auto-commenting isn’t recommended, but auto following is easy and will make your followers feel the love right back.
- Take advantage of a one-hour Pinterest plan. Set an hour aside each week for Pinterest. Repinly to look at trends for 30 minutes and planning what to pin. Use Evernote to put links to pins and products. Use pinography to schedule pins for the next week. Find 30-50 pins in your niche and comment. Then auto follow people who have followed you. Focusing in for this hour will be an effective strategy that will he,p you maximize Pinterest in a reasonable amount of time.
Erika Thomas is an SEO copywriter and link building specialist at Tandem Interactive. Thomas also operates fashion blog Blah Blah Blonde and is a freelance writer. Her Twitter handle is @itsmeerikat.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.